Sunday, July 31, 2011

Family history

This blog will focus on my family history journey.  I get questions from people asking if I know about their family.  That's fine.  The problem is there are many branches.  I don't even have all my immediate family, rather, my mother's immediate family all entered yet. I will attempt to give information so that others can look for themselves if they have the inclination to do so.  Otherwise, patience.   As I've stated elsewhere, I only have 24 hours minus 6 hours for sleep.  18 hours are prioritized most days by the project I am currently working on.  A beadwork project is currently taking about 5 hours per day, writing/revising is taking another 5-8 hours.  Work takes from 4-12 hours depending on the day of the week.  Just saying, patience is needed if you don't have the inclination to search for yourself.

Been reading some more blogs which reminded me to check on the BLO's site.  The land records are no longer accessible  online.  Good thing I already ordered what I wanted.  You can still call them, you'll have to know what you're looking for.  Went to the NPS site to check a piece of family history on the Homesteading Legacies series.  The information posted is still wrong.  Been trying to get further information about that.  The closest I came was located in the DOI's archives regarding the Homestead.  All I know from that is that case couldn't be used as a precedent.  Come to find out, Natives couldn't file under the Homestead Act.  What gives with that?  Another project for my family history added to the "Things to look into" file.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. Children may be reading.